Wednesday, September 17, 2008

it's the little things

I woke up this morning feeling lousy, thanks to a nasty head cold and the foggy feeling left over from the Nyquil I had taken. I was also feeling put upon that it was my turn to feed the animals because my slaves kids have school today.

But then I went outside, and my sinuses cleared thanks to the cool fresh air. The pressure on my brain was somewhat alleviated, and so I found lots of things to be grateful for, such as:

The wildflowers are blooming in a most pleasing way.

IMG_3178

Frosti was courted by the ram last night, and the blue mark on her back predicts she will be lambing on February 10, 2009, give or take five days. (I do not want to speculate what the blue mark on her nose means.)

frosti

The grass is growing again, which may not seem like a big deal normally, but it is when you have lots of hungry sheep to feed.

grass

And last but not least, all three chickens laid eggs, which is unusual for this time of year.

IMG_3186

Little tiny things, I know. But enough to get me in a better frame of mind, and my family will be the first to tell you that it was much needed.

3 comments:

  1. I'm about to show my sheep ignorance here. Is that the typical coat that a sheep wears or was she specially dressed for her "date"? She's darn pretty either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It won't allow me to comment on the PSA item there, so I'll comment on it here...

    OMG!!!! HOW CUTE IS THAT!! Not only rapping and dancing, but to someting that Im sure #1 & #2 what to hear nothing about...or, maybe they do so as not to listen to the PSA LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFLMAO!

    I'm trying so hard not to leave a comment about the blue mark on her face...

    Must.Restrain.Self.

    ReplyDelete