Wednesday, February 18, 2009

i'm sooo tired*

How tired am I? So tired that I will blog about OTHER people's knitting projects. To wit: my most excellent Christmas gift from my mom, which was pretty much the only knitting happening this Christmas. She made three Birthday Cowls, and I was the lucky recipient of one of them.


IMG_3879



(No, I will not show my face in this picture. It turns out I have no talent for taking pictures of myself, and I tend to close my eyes even though I am the one pushing the shutter button.)

As Jessica has noted, a cowl has amazing warmth-retention properties. I have been wearing my red cowl with a purple sweater, in a sort of "When I am Old, I Will Wear Purple" sort of fashion. Who the heck cares? It's warm.

Wait a cotton-pickin' minute. I just realized that I might have stumbled on the reason I'm tired. Maybe I am just old! Perhaps that is why EVERY PERSON IN THE UNIVERSE, even those older than I am, has taken to calling me "ma'am." Gack.

* With apologies to Madeline Kahn... The lyrics aren't particularly apt, but AMC has been running Blazing Saddles practically non-stop lately.

2 comments:

  1. Love the cowl! Good work from momsie. I love the purple sweater and as my FIL would say, "ya got good teeth!"

    Love

    Mrs. C, who saw 50 last week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe its those pesky calls you have to take from novice shepherds thats making you tired..you give so much of your time. We are grateful though : ).

    ReplyDelete