Sunday, April 26, 2009

free at last

It's officially over. Done. Finis.

As of tonight, I am no longer tutoring high school kids. I am sure this is especially good news for (1) those of you who have had to listen to me complain about it for the past few years, and (2) those of you who have been nagging me to quit for the past few years. You know who you are.

I will miss the kids -- well, some of them -- but I will not miss the weekend and evening hours. I will not miss working all day in my LSH's office to run out the door to work some more that evening. I will not miss trying to coordinate my schedule with my LSH's to make sure that one of us is available for sports and activity pickups. Most of all, I will not miss missing games and shows and concerts and, most especially, dinner with my family.

I have had to remind myself of this several times this past week, as tying up loose ends has become a bit trying. Is there ever a perfectly smooth and graceful exit out of a job? I guess the nature of leaving itself pretty much precludes everyone you are leaving from being all happy about the situation. If they were happy about the situation, then I guess that would be a pretty bad sign for you.

Long past time for me to start focusing on my contributions to the American Coopworth Registry booth at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival next weekend, plus the boys' entries into the various competitions. I have four days -- plenty of time, right? Please don't answer that. As usual, I am trying to warp the time/space continuum in my favor. At least I don't have to worry about tutoring as well.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! I hope your hubbys talk with the bus driver went well!! LOL that was too cute! THanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Be back soon,

    ReplyDelete