Tuesday, August 18, 2009

hay yah

One of the sweetest sights I can think of: a full hay wagon outside our barn.


DSCN1233

Even sweeter still: a kid helping stack the hay up to the rafters.


DSCN1234


Sweetest of all: all that hay safely in the barn, ready for winter.


DSCN1245 DSCN1242

For me, it's hard to beat that kind of peace of mind.

You know you've got a whole different outlook on life when a good night's sleep is directly related to how much hay you have in your barn. Of course, the sheer physical exhaustion from moving all that hay may also have something to do with it.

3 comments:

  1. Wish that were the view outside my window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. let me guess, it came from Val?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, it came from my regular hay guy. We found him in the next town over about 3 years ago -- I think we are the only people he sells his excess to (they have horses, so use most themselves). I am going to cry when he gets all his hay fields fenced for pasture as he is planning.

    ReplyDelete