Friday, December 18, 2009

christmas shopping

For the past few days, I have been stuck in that holiday shopping black hole whereby I drive around various points in central NJ throwing money out the window as I go, and I come home with a few packages (not at all relative to the money I threw out, thanks to the older kids in the house: more expensive, less bulky gift requests) and consult my list, and I am still no further along than I was when I started that morning.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

I realized that today was probably the last day to shop online before incurring horrendous overnight shipping fees, so I broke out of the routine of the past few days to throw money at the computer instead. However, it feels like the sun has broken through and I have started to make some progress, as the list of purchased items is more done than undone. Hallelujah!

Now to get all these darn things wrapped. I can't even think about the crafting that needs to take place here on a somewhat emergent basis. The weather forecast for tomorrow may help with that. There's nothing like a good snowstorm to keep you inside with your head down working, unless of course you are outside shoveling snow. But that's what strapping boys are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment