Wednesday, January 25, 2012

time out

My knitting is in time out.

I know I shouldn't be so angry at an inanimate object, but my current project is really ticking me off at the moment. Two separate starts, two minor rip-outs, and it still isn't right and must be ripped out yet again. All for a project (mittens to match my new red hood) that should have been easy-peasy-quick-and-breezy. Well, there was my FIRST clue, if only I had remembered to know better.


Rather than look at it, I shut it up in the pattern book and let it (and me) stew for a bit. It took me three days to look at it again.



See? See how annoyingly wrong it is, in ways too numerous to count? Perhaps you'll have to take my word for it. But trust me. It is. Or rather, it was. While I was distracted on the phone this morning, I pulled it out from its corner, bit the bullet, and unraveled the whole thing.



Take that, you stinking piece of knitting.




I guess this makes us officially ready to start again. I hope we manage to get off on the right foot this time.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes you really just need to rip it out. You have no idea how many times I rip things out because they aren't right even if no one else will notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the same place with a mostly finished fingerless mitt. It's just not happening, but I can't pull it out just yet. Maybe after a glass of wine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you've only ripped it once? I think 3 is my average! I try to tell myself I'm setting an example for my children...the importance of practice...hard work, getting it right...trying again...blah, blah, blah...

    ReplyDelete