Saturday, July 14, 2012

fleece washing machine

I am waaaaaayyyyy overdue on getting the last of the fleeces shipped out to the processor. Part of the problem is how long it is taking me to wash the dang things. I have two fleeces done (although one is still drying) and one in process, with one more to go.

I must be incredibly inefficient at this, because I cannot for the life of me understand why I wouldn't pay someone else to do it. Not that I am made of money, but the time I am spending washing them is taking away, in a major way, from getting anything else done around here.

As I said, though, maybe it's just me?



The process has been helped along somewhat by the incredibly helpful tip I received, from two different people, to soak the fleece for several hours in cool water prior to starting the process. As you can see, quite a bit of dirt is removed this way, and what is left is considerably loosened for further removal efforts.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kris, I can't even imagine washing multiple fleeces! One fleece every five years or so is enough for me! LOL!

    Can you pull a Tom Sawyer on the boys for this one?

    BTW, your blog Captcha has gotten even more evil - blurred out house numbers?? Pretty soon only people with Superman vision will be able to reply! (LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that washing fleeces is a ton of work, but I usually do mine in lingerie bags so it's just a few packets to lift and re-immerse. The cold water thing is great as well.

    It's also a water-guzzler, so there are times when it's just easier to have someone else do it!

    ReplyDelete