Friday, August 24, 2012

burned upon re-entry

Vacation recovery has been unusually hectic this year, so much so that my poor LSH spent the first part of the week swearing that he will never go away again. This is the first night that we sat down to a home-cooked meal as a family, and actually got to talk about what is going on, which is a pretty long stretch for us.

One of the things that has been on the back burner is this box:



I found it on the front porch when I returned after the first day of 4-H fair. Since I spent that night worrying about the rest of the family being swept away by rain, it didn't get opened that night...

Or the next few days...

Actually it was a few weeks before I finally realized that it was still sitting in the corner of my office, unopened! I finally got to it yesterday. It is processed fleece from Ozark Carding Mill, from several fleeces I had dropped off at Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival in May. Nice quick turn-around!

I tried taking pictures of the beautiful roving inside but I didn't have enough time to do them justice. Some of it is already downstairs in the basement, being made into pincushions for the NJ Sheep & Fiber Festival in two short weeks... ack!

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to hear that the roving is home with you! I love your pincushions :*)

    ReplyDelete