Wednesday, May 1, 2013

house of wool

Yesterday, on his way in the front door, Terzo commented on the decorations.

"I like our new flag. It's perfect."

It took me a minute to realize that our new flag was in fact dyed wool yarn on a hanger, up where one would usually hang a plant, to take advantage of yesterday's breeze. It goes perfectly with the farm boot decor.



In fact, the yarn was from wool produced by our sheep, millspun and then dyed by me. Given that our dining room currently looks like this (maybe a little better at the moment, I have been very busy pricing and packing things away today):



And our front yard is currently hosting this crew, much to the amusement and/or amazement of everyone who drives by:




Is it any wonder the kid thinks that is an accurate representation of what goes on around here, freak flag though it may be?




I hung another flag this morning in celebration of our status.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it!! Real life is always the best! I'm pitiful at decorating so always look to real life to fill in the gaps (and hope it's not just clutter!)

    Your yarns look delicious!

    ReplyDelete