Monday, July 22, 2013

read something happy

The washcloths (or potholders or placemats or whatever you want to call them) cheered me so mightily that I thought it would do a whole week on making happy out of molehills (or lemons or blues or whatever you want to call them).

Today's happy was from a site set up by my wonderfully tech-savvy mother, who started her own online news-gathering service. It is called Filamenti... go ahead, check it out! Or better yet, subscribe! I'll wait.

As far as I understand it, it is set up to collect articles about knitting, weaving, crocheting, etc. from around the web, and mail the results to you once a week if you are a subscriber. Its complete randomness is a delight, because you never know what is going to pop up. Today's edition included a reference to the UK's Big Knit contest (my vote is for the lady Viking hat) and a brilliant top 18 knitting meme list on Buzzfeed.

Go ahead, I'll wait. I am torn about which point is the best; it's a close contest between number 6 and number 18. Even if it is a bunch of memes, there is so much truth there. 

"I got 99 problems but a stitch ain't one."

Indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment