Friday, December 20, 2013

good news

So much good news to celebrate this week!

Primo got into the college of his dreams! We have all just about recovered from the shock, because it was quite unexpected. This means I need to knit another hat before Christmas, but he is so ecstatically happy, this is no reason for complaint. I am especially thrilled because the college is very close to us, and though he will live there, he will be near enough to come home when and if he wants.

I got a job to help pay for said college! It will be a drop in the bucket, and it will mean some changes around here, but I am very grateful for it. I thought it was going to take me much longer to find something that would work around my limited schedule, but this seems to be tailor-made for my situation.

I finished one hat! Not sure if the rest are going to make it. They are all cast on and in various stages of progress, but at the point where I have to be very careful where I work on them because it is pretty obvious what they are and who they are for. Plus I am running out of yarn for one of them, and I have no idea when I will be able to get to the yarn store to get more. So this is more along the lines of limited good news.

Best of all: Christmas is five really closer to four days away! And I can't wait. I haven't felt this way in years, and it is flat-out wonderful. What needs to get done is pretty much done (except those hats), or doesn't need to be done to begin with. The rest will take care of itself, I have no doubt.

 We're almost there! He is almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment