Saturday, December 7, 2013

ready

Only one Christmas hymn would suit for today's word. "People Look East" (one of the most beautiful renditions I have ever heard, with its accompanying instrumentalists), because today encompassed a lot of making things fair as we are able.
People, look east. The time is near 
Of the crowning of the year.
Make your house fair as you are able,
Trim the hearth and set the table.
People, look east and sing today:
Love, the guest, is on the way.
Getting ready works best when I try and let go of my expectations of how things should be, or what others may think is required. I just need to make things as fair as I am able, and that is not limited to putting up decorations and Christmas tchotchkes around the house. The far bigger task is readying my heart for the guest on the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment