Friday, May 23, 2014

datura

Despite being done with work for two weeks, things have been pedal-to-the-metal in the usual way around here. Plus I am trying to catch up on four months of not getting things done. I am chipping away at the various tasks. One of them was my poor girl cave.



A long-neglected project was missing in action, never mind the fact that I was unable to move around or locate the vast majority of my needles and other tools. I found myself working out how much quicker it would be to drive to the yarn store and buy a new set of needles instead of finding the two sets I already own. I came to my senses and decided to spend the time cleaning up a bit.

Around the time I could finally see the floor, I came across the tearsheets for my latest published pattern and realized I forgot to share. I have a pattern in the Summer issue of Knitscene!



Datura is a fairly simple linen head kerchief, that works up very quickly with less than one skein of yarn. The attached i-cord edging is carried down both sides for easy tying in the back.


I love this picture of the scarf on the dark-haired model; it shows off the symmetry of the design so well.




Confession time: every Barnes and Noble I have visited in the past month or so (I am really behind on this announcement) has found me at the magazine rack, checking out Knitscene and reveling in the fact that I have a pattern in there! So far I have refrained from turning to the person next to me and pointing out that hey, this is mine, this is really me!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting us know where the pattern is! And you have another coming this fall? That is awesome. It's a beautiful pattern.

    ReplyDelete